Terms and Conditions
Print this page using the 'print' icon above.
Please fill in the required information, sign and fax to: 086 669 2305
- NO provisional bookings are accepted.
- Bookings are only confirmed and secured on the receipt of a 50% minimum deposit (or as arranged with Rusty Hook Management), signed terms and conditions document and client questionnaire form.
- The TERMS AND CONDITIONS document must be signed and each page initialled.
- Rusty Hook Management reserves the right to refuse any function to proceed until the TERMS AND CONDITIONS document is signed.
- It is the client’s responsibility to explain Rusty Hook’s TERMS AND CONDITIONS to all guests and live entertainers invited to the function and will be held liable for their behaviour and actions.
- The outstanding amount must be paid in full 7 days prior to the function.
- Unless otherwise arranged with Rusty Hook Management.
- The final bar bill and overtime charges must be paid in full on the day of the function.
- Menus must be confirmed with Rusty Hook management at least 14 days prior to the function date.
- Confirmation of final number of guests 14 days prior to the function date.
- The confirmed number of guests is the number charged for, unless attendance is more.
- Final appointment with Rusty Hook function coordinator to discuss procedures of a function, latest 14 days prior to the function.
- Clients must confirm all changes in writing.
- In the event of cancelling or rescheduling of the function date, subsequent to the venue hire being paid, a refund will only be made in the event of Rusty Hook’s ability to re-sell the venue for a similar function on the date for which the function was booked.
- In the event of non-payment of the 50% deposit and or the outstanding balance within the specific time, Rusty Hook shall be entitled to cancel the booking without liability to the client.
- All monies are non-refundable once paid by the client.
- Rusty Hook reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage to, or destruction of the venue by fire, shortage of labour, strikes, industrial unrest, or any other cause beyond the control of Rusty Hook, which can prevent it from performing its obligations.
- The client must confirm all changes and cancellations in writing.
- Rusty Hook appreciates guests leaving the premises quietly and orderly.
- No shouting or hooting will be tolerated.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated and prosecution will follow.
- Rusty Hook reserves the right to CCTV monitoring of all movement on Rusty Hook property and will be used as evidence if necessary.
- No physical or verbal abuse from clients or their guests will be tolerated by Rusty Hook management or staff.
- Swimming or jumping in the dam will not be tolerated and guests will be asked to leave Rusty Hook premises immediately.
- No fireworks will be allowed on the Rusty Hook property.
- Throwing of anything whatsoever (bottles, glasses, papers, menus, cigarettes etc) into the dam are not allowed and will not be tolerated.
- Please note that Rusty Hook is a no-smoking venue with designated smoking areas. Smoking in a non-smoking area is a criminal offence and guests are friendly requested to make use of these areas.
- Rusty Hook shall not be held liable for interruptions of services (water, electricity or sanitary services)
- Whilst every precaution will be taken to ensure the safeguarding of your belongings, Rusty Hook will not be held liable for loss or damage to any property whatsoever (décor props, wedding gifts, personal belongings, valuables etc.)
- All décor and props must be removed by 09h00 the day following the function.
- Clients will be held liable for any damage to Rusty Hook property during set up or break operations of the function and will be billed accordingly.
- Rusty Hook, its employees or any other person employed at any function will be not held liable for any loss, injury to persons, due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever.
- It is the responsibility of all guests to read and comply with all the notice boards on Rusty Hook premises.
- Rusty Hook management and staff reserve the right of admission to all guests.
- Clients are responsible to inform their guests Rusty Hook Terms and Conditions and will be held responsible for the behaviour of their guests at the function.
- Rusty Hook reserves the right to stop any music at any time due to noise levels and or musicians not adhering to the stipulated volume levels.
- As stipulated by SAMRO (South African Music Rights) law, music must be played at a stipulated volume level, music levels to be lowered at 23h30 and all music must stop at 24h00. No music will be allowed after 00h00.
- Live music is restricted to certain areas at Rusty Hook.
- Rusty Hook is a multi-function room, venue, with live bands in certain areas from Thursday to Saturday.
SET UP AND CUT OFF TIMES
- Set up times need to be discussed with Rusty Hook Management.
- An overtime rate of R500.00 per half hour or part thereof will be charged.
- The R500.00 per half hour will include a manager, two waiters and barman.
- Cut off time by law 00h00.
- Overtime will also be charged for breakdown and set up time after the function.
FURNITURE, LINEN AND EQUIPMENT
- Rusty Hook provides standard furniture, linen and equipment at no extra charge.
- Please ensure that furniture, linen and equipment requested is satisfactory in advance.
- Any additional items or furniture required can be supplied at an extra charge.
- Rusty Hook does not permit any candles placed directly on the linen and reserve the right to remove the candles if thought necessary.
- Candle holders must be wide enough to ensure no wax damage to the linen.
- Please discuss ANY candle requirements with Rusty Hook management beforehand to ensure that it is acceptable to Rusty Hook safety regulations.
- No permanent changes will be allowed, that includes nails or hooks in walls or frames.
- Furniture, linen and equipment will be inspected after each event. Any damage to Rusty Hook property, including linen, beyond reasonable wear and tear will be charged accordingly.
- Waiters are employed to attend and serve customers.
- A 12% service fee (gratuity) will be added to your final bill.
- Please be advised that should the Waitrons work longer than six hours, the standard overtime rate per waitron will be charged, until the general overtime rate becomes applicable. (Please see set up and cut off times).
- Menu prices are confirmed once the client’s requirements have been considered.
- All menu prices are subject to change in case of price increases or shortages.
- Children under the age of 12 will be charged 50% of the menu price.
- Children under the age of 2 years will not be charged.
- Rusty Hook requires clients to brief management with regards to their bar requirements:
- Full bar (Open bar to their guests), Wine and malt, Bar limits with or without exclusions or Cash bar.
- Clients using Full Bar or clients setting a limit on the total bar expenditure are welcome to ask the manager on duty or head waitron to supply a regular reconciliation of the bar account during the function.
- NO ALCOHOL (WINES, SPIRITS, and BEERS etc.), SOFT DRINKS or FOOD are allowed to be brought onto Rusty Hook premises. See point 4 regarding wines and champagne.
- Corkage will be charged at R40.00 per bottle for wine and champagne and R40.00 per tot on all other spirits etc.
- Any changes to the bar requirements at any stage are to be done in writing at least one week in advance.
- A 12% service charge will be added to your final bill.
- Final rounds will be called at 23h30.
- Rusty Hook management reserves the right to earlier closure of all bar facilities.
ACCEPTANCE OF RUSTY HOOK TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I ________________________________________________ Hereby confirm that I have read and understand the TERMS AND CONDITIONS and I hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set out in the Rusty Hook TERMS AND CONDITIONS document and hereto bind myself in my personal capacity as surety for all monies arising from this agreement. I herewith agreed to be responsible and liable for the actions and behaviour of my invited guests.
WRITEN CONFIRMATION MUST BE OBTAINED FROM RUSTY HOOK FOR ANY VARIATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR OTHER SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS.
ID NUMBER: ______________________________________
NAME PRINTED: __________________________________
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: ______________________________
FUNCTION DATE: _________________________________
CONTACT NR.: ___________________________________